Browse Similar Jobs: Health & Human Services
Clinical Oncology Dietitician
|Location:||Western Regional Medical Center|
|Department:||310002 Hospital Nutrition-Tech|
|Shift Hours / Days:|
|Hours / Pay Period:|
|Job Function:||Nursing/Patient Care|
Responsible for assessing patients' nutritional status and intervening with appropriate medical nutrition therapy (MNT) and/or education to improve, maintain, or optimize nutritional status.
1. Formulate and implement nutritional care plans based on assessment of patients' nutritional needs, diet restrictions, nutrition support and physician care plans. Each RD will be able to manage 12 to 17 patients daily.
2. Monitor and evaluates effectiveness of patients care plan. Document thoroughly and appropriately all nutrition care information in patient medical record and office record
3. Counsel and educate on nutritional support and nutritional management to patients and their families, physicians, paraprofessionals, the community and potential candidates for hire within the corporation
4. Participate in Health Team Conference and makes recommendations for appropriate interventions to maintain or improve the patient's nutritional status
5. Monitor foodservice operations to ensure compliance with physician diet orders and quality standards. Assist with monthly foodservice in-service education
6. Support the goals of the department and participates in department performance improvement.