Systems Engineer - IS - Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for effective design, coordination, installation/configuration, and assisting with the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for systems hardware, hypervisor, and operating systems, related software and related enterprise infrastructure. The Systems Engineer is responsible for the Implementation of enterprise compute systems to include high-availability, redundancy, and supporting the organization disaster recovery and business continuity requirements. Provides technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the compute infrastructure. Provides technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the compute infrastructure. This individual works closely with peers, the Principal Systems Engineer, Senior Systems Engineer, and Systems Administrators to ensure that the server hardware, hypervisor, operating systems, monitoring systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements and SOPs. The Systems Engineer may have one or more focuses within disciplines of virtual infrastructure, unified/converged infrastructure, Windows, Unix/Linux, PowerShell scripting, server performance and fault monitoring systems. This position provides next escalation point for Operations personnel and is responsible for providing timely response and diagnosis of issues directly or remotely. When necessary may also adjust work hours to perform tasks at times least impactful to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information or equivalent experience in the appropriate fields is required.
- 3+ years of experience supporting server and virtualized infrastructure in an Enterprise environment
- Microsoft Certifications: MCP, MCSA strongly preferred
- VMware Certifications: VCA, VCP strongly preferred
- Knowledge and hands on experience with VMware vSphere 5/6; Microsoft Server 2008/ 2012
- IT experience within a multi-facility healthcare organization is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Microsoft server system troubleshooting, including DNS, Directory Services and permissions issues, and server hardware troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of routing protocols and server facing network configurations
- Demonstrated understanding and experience within two or more focused areas, such as Microsoft Server systems, VMware infrastructure, unified/converged infrastructure, server performance monitoring, PowerShell scripting. Experience using help desk software such as Remedy
- Understanding of TCP/IP, with the ability to subnet and troubleshoot misconfiguration issues.
- Proficient with Visio drawings, Microsoft Office Suite, and technical documentation of network systems.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Developing solutions that are cost conscious, while being technically sound and supporting business requirements.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal direction to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership including previous performance as a highly effective team member and team leader.
- Team-building and mentoring of others
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness. CTCA Stakeholders form the team of experts who deliver evidence-based clinical therapies, supported by state-of-the art technology and whole person support, including nutrition, mind-body medicine and naturopathic medicine, among many others. We never stop fighting and we always care for each patient as a whole person.
Benefits and Compensation
- Excellent benefit rates
- Bi-weekly pay checks
- $1,450 wellness incentive, per spouse
- Robust professional development program
- Work from home up to two days per week, with manager’s discretion after 90 days
- Free $600 towards vitamins, protein, etc. per year
- 11 vacation days, 10 personal holidays, 8 sick days, and 6 national holidays
- 401k immediate funding, vesting and matching
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit itjobs.cancercenter.com and begin the application process, today.