Advocate, Patient Empowerment
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Patient Advocate plays a crucial role in CTCA’s Patient acquisition funnel and its brand delivery. The Patient Advocate is the first point of contact for patients and caregivers reaching out to CTCA for information and support and is instrumental in engaging prospects as they embark on their decision-making journey and ultimately determine whether CTCA is the right option for them.
The Patient Advocate is responsible for delivering the Mother Standard of Care® to all patients and caregivers. Their primary focus is to gather the required information to appropriately qualify the patient and then foster their interest in speaking with a Facilitator/Advisor/Government Service Rep or provide them with resources to assist them in their journey in the event they are not qualified. In order to effectively qualify patients, the Patient Advocate must have a solid understanding of oncology in order to route patients correctly. The Patient Advocate is accountable for delivering on productivity, efficiency and patient experience goals on a monthly basis. In order to be successful, Patient Advocates must demonstrate the ability to efficiently gather patient information, have a strong understanding of Empowerment business rules and complete the patient record accurately.
- College Education (BA, BS) in Business/Marketing/Sales/Healthcare/Communications related field(s) preferred.
- 2-3 years of equivalent experience in a complex healthcare/sales/customer service environment is required. Equivalent experience includes one or all of the following: use of a CRM system, call center phone queue experience, direct customer contact via phone or face to face, etc.
- Achievement oriented; motivated by achieving efficiency/productivity goals and company objectives.
- Computer proficiency: CRM experience (preferably SalesForce), strong keyboarding skills and the ability to multi-task (type and talk) is required.
- Familiarity with healthcare services/oncology is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Function in a self-directed manner
- Efficiently plan/organize work tasks and information
- Work in a fast paced environment and execute in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate within and across teams
- Follow rules, guidelines and processes accurately and consistently
- Provide management insightful feedback & open to receiving constructive feedback
- Adapt to ongoing change in the form of new initiatives, models and processes
Demonstrates the following skills:
- Computer Proficiency: CRM experience (preferably SalesForce), strong keyboarding skills with the ability to multi-task (type and talk) and handling multi-media (phone, chat and email) is a requirement
- Strong Integrity and Values
- Strong Organizational Skills/Work Ethic/Time Management Skills
- Strong Communication, active listening and interpersonal skills
- Communicate with empathy and compassion. Intrinsic motivation to help others and passionate about CTCA’s mission and values.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Professionalism: Verbal fluency and facilitative influence over the telephone and computer
- Tenacity (does not give up when faced with challenges/adversity)
- Open to feedback and focused on ongoing self-improvement (i.e. Coachable)
- Adaptable to ongoing change in the form of new initiatives, models and processes.
- Achievement-orientation (motivated by efficiency/productivity goals and company objectives)
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-07997