Chaplain- PRN/Convenience Shift
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
To provide for the spiritual care of all patients, their caregivers, and stakeholders in a manner that is consistent with openness to pastoral care and their belief system.
- Provide spiritual resources for the support of CTCA patients, their families, and staff. Responsible for providing spiritual counseling, conducting worship services and facilitating support groups prayer group, and other teaching opportunities that present themselves
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues surrounding grief, suffering, and life stages that encourages an open expression of thoughts and feelings.
- Coordinate the efforts of the pastoral care staff in the absence of the manager/director. Responsible for providing guidance to stakeholders and student interns. Responsible for ensuring that all patients are contacted by prioritizing visits.
- Contact patients, their families, and staff in chaplain’s assigned area. Respond to all pages within 30 minutes of receiving the call. Assist families and nursing staff through patient deaths.
- Assist patients, their family, and staff with Advance Directives.
- Complete daily tracking and other paperwork related to work assignments in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- 2-3 years pastoral care/ chaplaincy experience required
- Completion of Masters of Divinity preferred
- Counseling experience preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.