Clinical Applications Director
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Dir Clinical System Services is responsible for the management of various Clinical enterprise applications/solutions and their associated business customers. Many of the supported solutions are enterprise-wide clinical or clinical support functions, with a primary focus on the EHR, including components such as Ambulatory, Clin Doc, Order Entry and Order Reconciliation, Mobile EHR and Clinical Reports. Other application services include, but are not limited to, Eviti Clinical Pathways, Device Monitoring, Surgery and others.
This position will be measured by performance against overall objectives, delivery of projects according to plan (on time, scope and budget), value derived from capital investments (ROI), the constant maturation of the solutions and the ability to maintain the satisfaction levels of the clinicians and business partners while anticipating their needs before they request it.
The Dir Clinical System Services will function as both an inspirational leader and a team manager to a talented and diverse group of IT stakeholders and often multiple consultants. The direct reporting team is responsible for the ongoing operational management of production systems. The position is also responsible for performing effective and aligned goal-setting to build a high-performing team. Project management and/or oversight of assigned PMs is a critical function as the Director is responsible for the matrix management of staff from the team, vendors and the operational departments being affected by projects.
Key focus areas of responsibility include:
- Partnering with the assigned business area customers to define IT application strategies that align with the department’s business strategy. This includes defining opportunities to leverage existing technologies/investments and solution selections for new technologies. This also includes ensuring that business area needs are appropriately budgeted on both Operating and Capital budgets each year.
- Ensuring production system up-time by managing the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of production systems, or upgrades of systems being performed by vendors. The management responsibilities include coordinating IT and vendor resources with business/customer project resources to support effective implementation of the projects within established scope, timeline and budget. Strong project management skills are a must.
- Management and support of various software and process solutions that are provided by vendors and/or developed in-house. Responsibilities include the selection, implementation, configuration, maintenance and relationships with both the vendors and the user community throughout the CTCA organization:
- Clinical Solutions: Sunrise Clinical Manager (e.g., Ambulatory, Clin Doc, Orders), SCM Mobile (iPad), SIS Surgery, Capsule (data captor), Micromedix (Truven), Eviti
- Vendor relations and contract negotiations, with an eye toward enterprise utilization of contracts and value across all CTCA sites, will be an important aspect of this job. Likewise, the skills of persuasion are critical as we constantly work to monitor and influence vendor roadmaps for the benefit of CTCA.
- Special Projects are an important aspect of any senior IT leader’s job.As such, it should be expected that the Director is able to take on projects that may be outside the above explicit descriptions, think broadly and openly about the creative ways that new initiatives can be achieved, source the talent creatively often through a mix of IT, Business and Consulting staff, and drive the special project team to implement the envisioned solution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration is required, Master’s level degree in similar field is preferred
- 15 years of large package system implementation, Clinical systems or software support and/or development experience is required
- 15+ years of IT or Clinical experience is required
- 10+ years of experience in software implementation or related software implementation projects is required.
- 5+ years of program management and/or Director level experience is required.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Current industry protocols, standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Supply chain, payroll and other finance functional experience
- Experience utilizing project management tools, such as MS Project, preferred.
- Must have the ability to convey technological concepts that satisfy business requirements.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.