Consultant - Operational Excellence - Full Time
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE SPECIALIST
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Consultant, Operational Excellence is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing of elements of the CTCA Operational Excellence System throughout the enterprise. Additionally, this role will partner with enterprise and hospital executives on a strategic and tactical level to scope, plan and rapidly implement high impact enterprise programs and initiatives.
- Developing and leveraging relationships within and across inter-disciplinary work groups to achieve results.
- Change agent able to successfully navigate the spectrum of senior, executive leadership stakeholders as well as front line clinical staff.
- Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listens actively to others.
- Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Proactively confronting difficult issues; making valiant choices and taking bold action in the face of opposition or fear.
- Fostering a work environment that encourages people to act with integrity and treat each other and their ideas with respect
- Ensuring that the (internal or external) customer's perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Ensuring others contribute to organization strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities, measuring progress and ensuring accountability against those metrics.
- Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes.
- Establishing an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and leveraging resources.
- Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (e.g., experiencing time pressure, conflict, or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
Key Position Qualifications
- Minimum BS/BA required. (Preferably in a clinical discipline, system performance engineering, industrial engineering, public health, or healthcare administration).
- 3-5 years of process improvement experience. Process improvement experience in a hospital or health system setting preferred.
- Experience in implementing the Toyota Production System (or similar Operational Excellence Systems/Models) in a healthcare environment. Specific experience in deploying systems for daily management a significant plus
- LSS Green Belt highly preferred, LSS Black Belt preferred
- Demonstrated track record of delivering successful high impact process improvement projects
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals, and corporate entities, earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who value working with others and thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? If so, we hope you begin the application process today.