We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Applications Developer is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of complex, custom applications, and custom solutions. The role is responsible for consulting with internal customers, team members and external vendors to appropriately design, build and manage application services.
- Analyze user requirements, create technical specifications and apply proven application development and agile methodologies in order to accomplish business goals.
- Provide expert knowledge and recommendations on application designs across a broad range of development methodologies and tools to ensure the success and sustainability of custom applications.
- Ensure delivery of business needs in a timely cost-effective manner.
- Applies ALM and software engineering best practices and principles
- Consult with vendors and other team members to design, build and manage custom applications.
- Understands relational data structures and technologies to design, develop, and query stored data.
- Provides/reviews detailed technical specifications required in each phase of the SDLC, and complies to internal standards and guidelines
- Identify opportunities to optimize the environment, implement monitoring, quality and validation processes to ensure high availability and performance
- Provides 24x7 post-implementation supports, responds to problem quickly and provide both short and long term resolutions
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of Application Development for consumer facing applications or related area
- Strong understanding of development principles and methodologies
- 4+ years’ experience and Strong knowledge in Microsoft .NET C#, AJAX, MVC 2 to 5 (Razor/ASPX), Entity Framework
- Experience or Understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong proficiency in API development
- Strong backend, database development using Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong experience with Microsoft TFS, specifically build and release management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interface architecture, dataflow diagrams and technical specifications
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies
- Experience with Git
- Excellent understanding of web services, modular development, HTML/CSS, XML, SQL, and ORM
- Experience with Angular JS is a plus
- Knowledge of EAI, including BizTalk Server is a plus
- Self-starter who is capable of effectively managing own time and ability
- Displays professionalism in stressful situation, including workload pressure and deadlines
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.