Director, Clinical Data Services
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Lead Clinical Data Services Team activities and manage all stakeholders in the department. Work with internal and external clients to ensure all projects are successful. Design, develop, and deliver processes and procedures for creating high quality, complete longitudinal data sets for analytics. Responsible for ensuring high-quality, accurate work distributed internally or externally and according to pre-determined timelines.
Lead and manage all stakeholders in Clinical Data Services department (50%)
- Manage >10 full time employees
- Mentor junior team members - e.g., providing clinical oncology education, developing SoPs, guiding the team on study design and objectives to ensure quality deliverables
- Develop Clinical Data Services team strategic plans and contribute to the growth of the team through internal and external initiatives
Design, Develop and deliver data sets for projects (50%)
- This position requires understanding of real-world study design, objectives, and clinical content to successfully guide and mentor the abstraction team in a timely fashion. An understanding of electronic health data sets and the abstraction process is key to managing the team. Responsibilities that are required are as follows:
- Work closely with functional partners across Vidence to ensure project delivery success as well as align the strategic plan with company priorities
- Ensure all deliverables, including data sets, meet the highest level of scientific quality standard
- Ensure timely delivery of the projects in collaboration with other cross-functional team members
Strategy and Process Improvement (20%)
- Develop processes, policies and procedures for data abstraction, study data dictionaries, quality assurance and final assembly of data sets.
- Assume overall responsibility for the scientific rigor, operational success, and client relationship associated with each engagement.
- Lead client discussions at all phases of the study lifecycle from study concept, design and methods considerations, analysis progress, results presentations, etc.
- At least 10+ years of relevant clinical oncology leadership experience, or extensive data management and leadership experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, related field required
- Graduate degree required (preferably MSN, MS, PharmD, MD, PhD etc.)
- Related oncology or data management experience required
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong track record of successfully supervising healthcare abstraction teams for research projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Knowledge of oncology data and systems is required
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.