Endo RN - PRN
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
Provides the high quality patient care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of medical/surgical, ambulatory care and same-day surgery patients. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by Patient Care Technicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation practice, and employee health practice.
- Effectively communicates with peers to resolve conflict.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders.
- Protects the patient’s dignity, rights and privacy.
- Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
- Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care, implants and specimens accurately, completely and legibly.
- Collaborate with other disciplines as applicable.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth and keep current with technology.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
- Attend in house codes and rapid response calls as required.
- Care for patients with complex needs including hemodynamically compromised and mechanically ventilated patients.
- Initiate and maintain complex IV therapy, including thrombolytic administration, vasoactive medications, central IV catheters, dialysis catheters & arterial lines.
- Safe use of less invasive, life supporting modalities i.e. BiPAP, ETCO2, arterial pressure-based CO/CI & SVO2 monitor, core temperature monitors.
- Ability to care for patients who are aggressive, agitated, in seclusion or restrained.
- Ability to care for patients with IV lines, arterial lines, central lines, ports, chest tubes, pleural catheters, tracheostomy tubes and endotracheal tubes.
- Maintenance and care of patients with an ostomy/ileostomy and urostomy
- Administer medications via all routes, using the 6 rights, medication bar scanner and monitoring patient for side effects.
- Ability to collect blood and pathology specimens and blood cultures.
- Care for, assess and monitor patients with Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) and epidural catheters.
- Administer and monitor blood products safely.
- Able to provide thorough assessment for pre and postoperative patients for neurological, cardiac and respiratory status.
- Appropriately utilizes ergonomics for patients postoperatively.
- Fire Safety prevention.
- Administers and monitors patients undergoing sedation/analgesia per physician order and hospital protocol.
- Comprehension of transferring patients from OR to ICU/Med Surg.
- Ability to conduct risk assessment, prevention and treatment of pressure injury.
- Ability to assess and treat unplanned hypothermia.
- One year of experience in specified area (Endo) is required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing is Required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
- Active RN License in AZ is required.
- American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support (BLS), is required.
- American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) upon hire or before completion of nursing orientation.
- Oncology experience is preferred.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), National Certification in specialty is preferred.
Pay Range$30.97 - $51.02
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: JR-10388