Intake Record Rep
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Contributes to the integrated hospital network by assuming responsibility for the timely collection of records, imaging and pathology for new patients thus providing a seamless process that supports the clinic and physicians for new patient evaluation and acquisition. The outcome of high-quality service to patients will impact increased patient satisfaction and "top box" patient loyalty results due to timeliness of records collection for soonest available appointments. Outcome of the high-quality services will impact physician productivity to enhance conversion from appointment kept to treatment.
· Procures and follows-up for medical records, pathology slides, radiology reports and imaging from various facilities and physician offices on all new incoming patients prior to their arrival to their first appointment. Documents the records requested and received for tracking and reporting purposes.
· Requires a considerable amount of critical thinking skills to fully address an incomplete history of outside records based on limited information provided by the new patient. Also requires consistent and well documented follow up efforts to outside providers by phone, fax and email communication to procure requested records.
· Requires prompt, respectful, and professional communication with outside facility physician offices, medical records offices, labs, and radiation oncology departments. Requires timely communication with the department leader and clinical team for escalations regarding missing records and issues that need to be resolved prior to the patient’s travel/appointment.
· Ability to function autonomously as well as in a team setting to fulfill challenging tasks and goals in a fast-paced environment. Daily and monthly production expected for requested and completed charts. Ability to prioritize workload to ensure appointments are not canceled due to lack of records collected.
· Classifies and audits all records received and reviews medical record for accuracy. Daily and monthly quality expectations. Procurement expectations of essential records at a minimum of 95% for day 1 appointment with the medical oncologist/specialist while achieving procurement targets within a time to appointment goal of 3 days for an intake provider appointment and a turnaround time of 5-7 days for an appointment with medical oncology/specialist.
· Maintains confidential patient files for HIPAA and compliance purposes. Assure received patient records are audited for accuracy with two or more patient identifiers before indexing reports into the CTCA patient chart for patient safety and compliance purposes.
· Support continuity of care quality by documenting patient’s hometown physician and/or referring physician into the CTCA patient chart.
· Proactively partner with leadership to improve processes for quality and production. Reliable and counted on to follow through on assignments and seek out feedback from leadership as needed and during quarterly reviews.
· Approach change and new situations as opportunities for learning and growth. Modify action to effectively cope with change and seek solutions in uncertain situations.
· Commit to continuous improvement in personal skills including technical, interpersonal and career development. Share my knowledge and expertise and exhibit high standards of success for myself and others. Develop and maintain positive relationships with Stakeholders and collaborate effectively across departments to address conflicts with others in a constructive manner
· May be requested to support the department strategy and key performance indicators by assisting on projects and assignment as requested by leadership outside of routine work
Skills, Education and Additional Information
Experience: 2 years of professional experience in an office setting utilizing multifaceted online computer applications
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and utilize critical thinking skills to overcome obstacles
Strong communication skills
Strong computer skills
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Adobe)
2-5 years professional experience in hospital or medical office setting
Anatomy and Medical/ Pharmacological terminology knowledge
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.