Interventional Endoscopy Technician
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Interventional Endoscopy Technician
M-F 0730-1600; evening and weekend call requirements (rotation)
This position provides patient care of a therapeutic technical nature, performing advanced therapeutic interventional endoscopy procedures that support and assist the work of the physician, Pathology, Anesthesia, RN and Endoscopy Team. This position maintains a constant state of vigilance to anticipate the needs of the physician and ensuring timeliness patient care. Responsible for the care of instrumentation before, during, and after endoscopy procedures and communicating department inventory needs.
- Assists with case preparation, pulls appropriate instruments and supplies. May assists with maintaining the accurate information on preference cards.
- Reviews case for procedural needs and ensures the correct diagnostic and therapeutic devices are available. Checks equipment and suctioning to ensure proper functioning and safe to use. Opens sterile and unsterile supplies and appropriately sets up cases understanding the anatomy and anticipating possible interventions.
- Populates patient information into the computer to align with procedure image capture.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and positioning devices. Assists with safe and proper positioning of the patient.
- Assists in performing advanced and general endoscopic procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Anticipates and prepares for changing needs.
- Accurately receives, prepares, communicates to the RN what to label and record for all specimens according to hospital policy.
- Demonstrates the principles of Infection Prevention utilizing aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure.
- Safely breaks down the contaminated set up after completion of the procedure in a manner that prevents the spread of contamination. Disposes of sharps and trash.
- Responsible for the cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and storage of scopes and reusable devices. Maintains appropriate logs and records relating to the sterilization process, including: Steam autoclaves, Hydrogen Peroxide sterilizers, High Level Disinfection and any new technology introduced to the process.
- Ensures that unused supplies are returned appropriately. Assists with the cleaning/stocking of procedure rooms and carts.
- Monitoring supplies to ensure availability of appropriate supplies for patient care and departmental operations including checking for outdated supplies.
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment in the Endoscopy and Perioperative areas including break room and locker rooms
- Recognizes department problems and uses critical thinking skills to take appropriate actions.
Minimum of 3 years of gastroenterology procedure technician experience.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Advanced endoscopy experience including ERCP and EUS.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.