IS Operation Services Manager
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
*****POSITION IS REMOTE, BUT MUST BE WITHIN 50 MILES OF GOODYEAR ARIZONA, ZION ILLINOIS, OR NEWNAN GEORGIA*****
The Manager of Operation Services is responsible for managing the 24 X 7 support of the enterprise wide IS Infrastructure that comprises network, voice, server, virtualization, storage, data protection, data centers, security infrastructure, and related software to ensure peak performance and availability. This support includes the ownership of the monitoring tools and the development/management methods of remediation (proactive and reactive support models).
The Manager has responsibility of triage and leading team members including personnel administration, career development, retention, stakeholder goal setting, establishing and enforcing accountability, and upholding corporate and IS policies and standards. Given the complexity and range of the role, the Manager of Operation Services is expected to be holistically knowledgeable across network, voice, server, virtualization, storage, data protection, data centers, and security infrastructure solutions and able to bridge cross-functional areas.
The Manager of Operation Services includes management of operational activities such as but not limited to; network build/configuration, server build/configuration, VPN/Firewall configuration, system patching, print services, fax services, voice services, storage services, data protection operation/maintenance, data center operation/maintenance, and hardware/software maintenance. Also responsible for managing external vendors and support contracts/agreements.
This position is also responsible for managing operation support incidents, including priority one tickets and escalations related to the assigned interactions or problems with the objective of the manager and team to resolve these tickets within defined SLA’s using standard processes and ensuring customer satisfaction. Manager serves as final escalation point and holds team accountable to ensure root cause analysis, escalation, reporting, tracking and resolution of all service issues, with a continual focus on high availability and process improvement. The Manager works closely with other Security Team, Application Team(s), and Engineering Team leadership to ensure defined requirements are met.
- Plans, configures, manages and directs technical activities for network, server, virtualization, data centers, security, data protection, voice, fax, and monitoring infrastructure environments - working to achieve maximum uptime through high availability architectures, current generation technologies and process, and ITIL best practices, including change control release management, and incident management are leveraged.
- Owner of the infrastructures monitoring environments. Includes managing, maintaining, and creating policies and procedures in relation to best practices for monitoring and alerting techniques. Works with other Departments to design, build, and deploy solutions for monitoring business critical environments.
- Provides on-going training and professional development of the Operations Team stakeholders. Mentors and tutors Operations Team stakeholders on guidelines, operations, and policies to drive consistency. Works with Talent to support team stakeholders in resolving personnel issues. Manages candidate selection, hiring, counseling, and termination of stakeholders as needed.
- Coordinates with CTCA current and future vendors to manage technology road maps, develop builds of materials for current and future projects, manage requests for future Opex and Capex budget requests, and handles coordination and escalation for vendor issues from other CTCA stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information or equivalent experience in the appropriate fields is required.
- 3+ years of experience managing/leading infrastructure services teams in an enterprise environment
- 7+ years of prior hands on infrastructure services technical experience
- 5+ years of experience in Network Performance Monitoring and Application Performance Monitoring.
- Experience managing remote employees is preferred.
- Microsoft/Cisco/VMware Certifications is preferred.
- IT experience within a multi-facility healthcare organization is preferred.
- Comprehends complex verbal and written instructions, and is effective at written and verbal communications.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Strong experience with Microsoft server system troubleshooting, including DNS, Directory Services and permissions issues.
- Understanding and prior experience with virtualization such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Strong experience troubleshooting hardware/software issues.
- Strong understanding of system monitoring/analysis tools and SNMP/WMI.
- Strong understanding of systems, networking, applications and how they interoperate together.
- Strong understanding of how web, app, and DB layers interact and data flows.
- Intermediate/Advanced VBScript/PowerShell scripting knowledge.
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL knowledge.
- Ability to perform data analysis.
- Must possess a strong business perspective in order to convey technology concepts and solutions that will satisfy the business requirements.
- Developing solutions that are cost conscious, while being technically sound and supporting business requirements.
- Self-starter who is capable of effectively managing own time and ability to delegate to others.
- Provides technical direction and leads and coordinates efforts of others in regards to project or task work.
- Troubleshoots minor to complex System, Network, and Application related issues.
- Subject matter expert and recommends technology and data standards for company-wide implementation.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis on complex technical issues and implement solutions so they do not occur again.
- Builds an understanding of applications in order to make informed decisions.
- Researches and recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and/or equipment.
- Ensures system uptime and performance is not compromised by new and existing systems.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations for improvements.
- Latitude and ability to make decisions in high business impacting/high pressure situations.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.