Manager, Payer Reporting
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Under the strategic direction of the Assistant Vice President of Payer Analytics, the Manager of Payer Reporting will drive payer reporting strategy by leading in-depth contract reporting design, execution, automation, and interpretation. This position will use technology (SQL, Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy etc.) to build self-service, real-time dashboards for executives to monitor contract performance. This involves identifying the business needs of payer contracting then leading a team of analysts and business leaders to design, build, maintain, automate, and interpret regular performance reporting. This position will use AGILE principles to iteratively make progress on frequently changing business requirements. This position will also work with leadership in multiple departments to achieve consensus on report design and prioritization.
- 40% Strategy and Insights: Work with payer relations team and other business leaders on analytic design, prioritization and interpretation. Deliver and present dashboards and interpretation to business leaders in a digestible format. Provide thought leadership on new analytics to support payer reimbursement and performance. Proactively take steps towards automation or use of new technology. Provide thoughtful perspective in meetings with senior leadership. Research and provide insights to the business on potential new tools, visualizations, and data points for contract monitoring
- 20%| Leadership and Management: Manage staff setting annual goals, talent development, and driving innovation and efficiency in the pursuit of better service to our customers. Mentor and manage team of analysts of variable skill and practice levels. Prioritize teamwork, manage customer expectations and relationships, and maintain alignment of deliverables with organization analytic needs. Serve as a department leader, contributing to strategic decision-making with senior executives and colleagues in other departments.
- 40%| Reporting: Achieve consensus on business needs and prioritization with customers across multiple departments. Design and iteratively build, maintain, and automate dashboards. Interpret dashboards to independently generate business insights and roll up data into a digestible format. Expert technical ability - use data extract and BI tools for both ETL and visualization (e.g. SQL, Qlik, Tableau, MicroStrategy). Efficiently merge data from multiple databases and find efficient ways to complete regular reporting.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare, Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree in Business Administration or comparable field of study preferred
- 5 or more years’ experience in a managed care/healthcare environment with exposure to contract management and program development
- Expert technical ability in ETL and visualization tools such as Tableau, SQL, Qlik, and MicroStrategy
- Knowledge of AGILE methodology
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to gain consensus on dashboard design and prioritization across a team of diverse stakeholders with competing interests
- Previous management expertise including project management and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills including the ability to translate information to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach, lead and mentor team members and inter-disciplinary initiatives
- Ability to be flexible and adapt in order to achieve initiative and organizational goals
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.