Mgr, Employer Relations
Grows the annual number of cancer patients who seek treatment from the broader region and its target markets. Achieves annual patient attribution goals by:
- Developing and securing targeted relationships with self-funded employers who fall under a current national payer contract (i.e. Cigna) in order to channel patients
- Securing targeted relationships with self-funded employers who are in a contractual relationship with CTCA via the Direct-to-Employer (DTE) agreement
- Identifying and pursuing meaningful relationships with contracted insurers and their staffs (Sales Reps/Acct. Managers/Health Engagement Teams/Health Promotion Teams, etc.) to expand awareness of the employer outreach program and garner client referrals.
Fluent in and able to articulate unique CTCA technology, clinical pathways, model of care and all other clinical, financial and business operations. Functions as the principal interface between employers, payers and the CTCA team, coordinating with the Regional Manager of Strategic Markets. Develops and deploys oncology based preventative and educational services based upon each partner’s unique needs and measures each approach to ensure resources are allocated to activities that are valuable to CTCA and its partners. Creates and delivers presentations and communication materials to drive patient acquisition through strategic payor and employer partnerships.
- Research, develop and execute a regional CTCA Payor (Employer) Strategy by identifying self-funded employers with contracted access. Delivers solo service calls to key, targeted self-funded employers to increase employer partnerships, generate ongoing dialogue and build brand awareness. Apply particular focus to Cigna, Direct-to-Employer (DTE) and other regional contracted relationships.
- Develop relationships with employer’s HR/benefits/wellness administrator (or Director/VP/Decision Maker) to determine specific programs, events, materials, etc. that align with each employer’s objectives. Provide employer’s population with oncology-focused offerings in supplement to existing general health and wellness plans; coordinate activities and gather necessary information from CTCA’s clinical team, or other internal/external sources as needed.
- Develop and oversee complex strategic plans; create a measurement methodology, track results compared to plan, and apply learning to subsequent activities; analyze and present meaningful results to CTCA leadership; create and manage function specific budgets; prepare monthly board briefings and quarterly board reports and efficiently manage function specific projects.
- Create and develop new oncology based prevention, education and awareness programs that can be easily replicated to provide to employers and grow the initiative. Demonstrate value to employers by preparing and delivering unique reports referencing the employer-specific population’s experience and/or any ad hoc reporting requested by employer.
- Manage a team to achieve business goals, including performance and development management. Ensure fully performing stakeholders in all areas including driving engagement and growth. Assist the Growth Leadership Team in other functional areas as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Nursing (BSN) or clinical/related field
- MBA/graduate degree desirable
- 5-7 years clinical or marketing management experience
- 2 years previous CTCA/healthcare (provider, payer, broker) experience
- Strong written and verbal (public speaking) communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience planning, developing and executing complex strategic plans, complete with budgets, objectives, tactics
- Self-directed and proactive in planning how work gets done
- Fluent in CTCA clinical operations, technology and model of care
- Conversant in unique technology/programs including IORT/Breast, DTH, GI/pancreatic and metronomic chemo, Lung/HDRBT/Navigational Bronchoscopy, Genomic/Personalized Medicine, etc.
- Fluent in understanding and articulation of benefit plan design, networks, and broker/employer/payer relationship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office