Mgr, Physician Services
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Accountable for leadership and oversight of medical staff office and all its related functions. Manages, coordinates and oversees all aspects of the Physician Corporation of Arizona (PCA) operations. Duties include compensation and contract modeling, contract preparation, ongoing management/maintenance of contracts, preparation of reports and scenarios for the ongoing review of the operating budget, manages the process of ensuring all PCA physicians and advanced practice providers meet requirements as outlined in Medical Staff By-Laws, CMS, TJC and any other external regulatory body. Manages multiple practice-related processes such as payroll, invoicing (including time sheets, expenses, hours etc.). Manages the scheduling function to ensure appropriate levels of on-call coverage for all areas of the hospital, manages scheduling coverage for hospitalists/nocturnist, coordinates and manages physician requests for time off in collaboration with Senior Leadership. Plans and coordinates physician candidate travel and scheduling, license renewals, memberships and other administrative tasks as requested by PCA providers. . Partners with IS, vendors and department heads across the hospital to effectively transition new providers into the organization and to maintain effective relationships thereafter. Supports the physician group by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, complex and advanced clinical presentations, etc. Acts in support of employed and contracted providers as liaison to senior leadership, medical staff & department staff. Prepares, completes and collects all employment related paperwork required by Talent for all employed physicians. Manages the Workday processes to include; creation of new positions, hiring of new employed physicians, termination of employed physicians, salary increases and changes to employment status.
- Model physician compensation scenarios, prepare offers and contracts. Facilitate and manage business process for all physician-related contracts to include new contracts, renewals and changes to existing contracts. Gather, track and analyze various metrics as related to physician productivity, compliance, patient satisfaction, revenue and compensation. Ensure compliance with all physician compensation & incentive plans per individual contract; Track all contract term dates to ensure contract renewals are timely
- Track and manage all physician vacation requests, identify related staffing gaps, ensure gaps are filled and advise executive team. Identify and analyze future medical staffing needs based upon status of active staff, planned outages, patient demands and past trends to ensure adequate coverage. Coordinates and schedules coverage for inpatient unit(s) to include hospitalist, nocturnists and advanced practice professionals. Create monthly call schedule for hospital medicine, medical oncology, surgery, critical care & pulmonology.
- Prepares and approves bi-weekly payroll for employed providers. Manages the Workday processes to include; creation of new positions, hiring of new employed providers, termination of employed providers, salary changes and changes to employment status. Collaborates with finance to ensure proper calculation and processing of bonus payments for employed physicians. Manages, verifies and processes all invoices and payments to locums staffing vendors
- Manage, provide oversight for the medical staff services department who holds accountability for:
- Provider credentialing and re-credentialing
- Primary Source Verification
- Medical Staff Committees coordination
- Medical Staff Board report preparation
- Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, etc.
- CMS, The Joint Commission and other applicable regulatory bodies
- Partner with Physician Recruitment team to coordinate physician candidate interview schedules to include creating interview agenda, scheduling interviewees and candidate travel
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with physicians and practice staff. Identify, initiate, contact and continually evaluate opportunities to enhance physician loyalty. Develops collaborative relationships with all physicians. Acts in support of employed and contracted physicians as liaison to SRMC management, medical staff, department staff and other departments
- Oversight of CME tracking process for all physician and advanced practice provider to ensure utilization is in alignment with contract terms
- Two (2) years of experience in practice management, contract administration, medical staff services, or related field is required, Five (5) years is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Public Health, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Negotiation skills and contract modeling experience is preferred.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.