Nurse, Clinical Research
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
RN, Clinical Research
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
The Clinical Research Nurse play an important role in clinical trials. In addition to providing and coordinating clinical care, they have a central role in assuring participant safety, maintenance of informed consent, integrity of protocol implementation as well as working closely with the principal investigator. Moreover, clinical research nurses must continually balance the requirements of the clinical trials along with any amendments (i.e., closing a study arm; adding a drug to the study) with the clinical needs of the patient. Clinical Research Nurses improve recruitment of patients by supporting patients with making informed decisions about clinical trials participation.
Research Nurses support researchers by providing the required elements necessary to retain regulatory and ethical compliance with all aspects of the clinical research process. This position will assist in supporting the mission of protecting human research subjects by acting in a manner consistent with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and all applicable institutional guidelines.
The Clinical Research Nurse manages and supports their assigned research studies throughout the regulatory process from initial Institutional Review Board (IRB) application until protocol closure. The Clinical Research Nurse will provide consistent oversight to ensure competent and standardized practices, and coordinate strategies to enhance departmental communication and collaboration.
- Assist PI and other team members as needed in the development of plans, time lines, and processes for research studies, contributes to the ongoing review and any necessary modifications to approved protocols.
- Assists the research process following guidelines and policies in accordance with Cancer Treatment Centers of America, FDA, HIPAA and GCP standards.
- Coordinates and participates in the pre-site study initiation visits. Coordinates study initiation and assists with planning and design of source documents for protocol while adhering to study protocol.
- Supports ongoing recruitment of subjects for research; screens subjects for eligibility and participation; monitors enrollment goals.
- Complete study required subject assessments utilizing interview, observation, and physical examination of subjects consented for participation in research.
- Anticipate the physiologic and psychosocial problems of research participants and prepare for them using evidence-based nursing expertise.
- Incorporate the nursing process into holistic patient care, including clinical assessment to identify needs and problems experienced by patients and their caregivers.
- Assist the PI with human subject evaluations for evidence of adverse events unanticipated problems. Monitors participant's labs and notifies PI and team members of results as necessary.
- Prepares and ships biological specimens as necessary in a safe and compliant manner.
- Follows established procedures in reviewing the collection of clinical data and the administration of clinical trials.
- Monitors and assists with accurate source documentation and appropriate forms as per protocol on all participant records, drug accountability, test devices and clinical supplies.
- Utilizes data resources external to research area, develops and facilitates productive working relationships with study monitors.
- Remain 100% audit ready.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- 3-5 years career experience in clinical oncology nursing preferred.
- Additional experience in a research nurse coordinator role of 3 years preferred.
- Current license in states CTCA is located required, Arizona specifically.
- Certification by the Society of Clinical Research Associates or the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or equivalent preferred, or completed within two years of hire date.
- Certified in handling and shipping of biological specimens or completed three (3) months of hire date.
- Currently certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support or completed within three (3) months of hire date.
- Experience working in a clinical research environment, strong working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, FDA and HIPAA requirements.
- Excellent project management and organization skills are essential.
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to establish a rapport with team members.
- Ability to plan effectively and set priorities, completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite software inclusive of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point required.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.