Oncology Nurse Practitioner- Scottsdale Clinic
Oncology Nurse Practitioner – Scottsdale Care Clinic
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Provides primary care and symptom management in collaborative joint practice with physicians to an adult patient population.
- Utilizes critical judgment in the performance of comprehensive health assessment, differential medical diagnosis including ordering, conducting, and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, and the prescribing of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments in the direct management of acute and chronic illness and disease.
- Conducts comprehensive physical examination
- Initiates and interprets diagnostic tests and procedures relevant to the patient’s current status.
- Critically analyzes the assessment data in determining the diagnoses.
- Prioritizes diagnoses using appropriate complex clinical reasoning.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan of care that includes interventions and treatments to attain expected outcomes.
- Addresses strategies for improving health status that reflect current health care, knowledge, research and practice.
- Involves patient, family, and other members of the health care team, including use of community resources in the plan of treatment.
- Makes independent decisions in solving complex patient care problems
- Collaborates with the health team members to establish priorities, manage care and coordinate efforts to achieve desired outcomes in providing planned treatment and services to the client.
- Utilizes appropriate or specialized knowledge and skills in the provision of direct patient care.
- Prescribes, orders, or implements interventions and treatments for the treatment/care plan.
- Prescribes or dispenses drugs and devices based on a knowledge of pharmacological and physiological principles in accordance with state and federal laws and regulation, and as authorized under R4-19-511 and meeting the requirements established by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- Utilizes an extensive awareness of community assets and available resources when assisting with making appropriate referrals and outreach
- Documents services provided to the client in the electronic medical record.
- Follows organizational HIPAA guidelines and other state medical information requirements.
- Documents revisions in diagnoses, outcomes and treatment plans
- Utilizes complex strategies, interventions and teaching to promote, maintain, and improve health and prevent illness and injury.
- Uses strategies based on assessment of risks, learning theory, epidemiological principles and client’s health beliefs and practices
- Refers a patient to a physician or another health care provider if the referral will protect the health and welfare of the patient and consult with a physician and other health care providers if a situation or condition occurs in a patient that is beyond the RNP’s knowledge and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years, within the last three (3) years, in a comparable job classification
- Minimum of two (2) years of Oncology setting experience
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Doctorate of Nursing Practice
- Graduate of accredited program for Nurse Practitioners
- Arizona Registered Nurse (RN) license or RN License from a Compact State
- Currently registered in Arizona as a Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- ONS Chemotherapy Provider
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.
Job Reference #: 14209