Pathologists' Assistant - $5,000.00 Sign-on Bonus
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
***Schedule: 3 12s (day shift) ?*** Position comes with a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus!***
Examines, dissects and performs gross dictation and description of surgical specimens, and photographs surgical specimens (where applicable). Provides instruction to pathology residents (where applicable) in various duties specifically on the contents of the Department Anatomic Pathology Manual. Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Laboratory Services and Laboratory Medical Director.
- Responsible for performance of non-medical operations pertaining to the appropriate accurate accessioning, dissection, tissue handling (including disposal) of all surgical pathology specimens in conjunction with proper laboratory utilization. Assists the Laboratory Medical Director with the daily operations of the pathology laboratory through appropriate utilization of laboratory resources, maintenance of all current CAP checklists for tumor reporting (specifically Anatomic Pathology), maintenance of workflow, instruction and guidance of residents and staff and delegation of responsibilities.
- Performs frozen sections.
- Assists with FNA adequacy and Bone Marrow Collection, as required.
- Reviews daily Operating Room and Interventional Radiology schedules for tracking all specimens daily. Maintains tissue control bank for immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization (where applicable). Oversees compliance of CAP/ASCO guidelines by interacting with OR/IR personnel daily
- Maintains pathology quality improvement projects including: monthly data for Tissue Committee, monthly updating of data and statistical analysis of all QA monitors for surgical, consult and cytology caseloads, monitoring turn-around time benchmarks, maintaining protocols related to QA monitors and communicating results to laboratory directors.
- Assists with continuous CAP, CMS and Joint Commission inspection readiness, including periodic review and maintenance of applicable policies and procedures.
- General maintenance of gross room cleanliness as well as gross room logs, equipment, supplies and reagents.
- Assists Pathologists for preparation of Tumor Board presentations
- Assists Clerical Pathology Department with daily operations, as required
- Appropriate data collection to meet regulatory standards and maintain lab accreditation.
- Master’s degree from a NAACLS accredited Pathology Assistant (PA) program with an ASCP certification or degree from a NAACLS accredited Pathology Assistant (PA) program
- ASCP certification OR eligible with certification within 6 months of hire eliminate this statement
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.