Physician Liaison Manager
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
The Regional Manager is responsible for managing the effectiveness of the field team and developing external and internal relationships that result in achieving the activity goals from the medical community for the assigned territories/hospitals. The Regional Manager will support a team of Physician Relations Liaisons by coaching, training, developing, and evaluating the team to achieve greater results through strategic relationships with targeted physicians. The Regional Manager will collaborate with the VP of Business Development to establish and execute goals and a physician referral growth plan for the region. The Regional Manager will analyze market data, identify growth opportunities, and execute field sales action plans to drive results. The Regional Manager will own strategic accounts in the market to ultimately drive incremental growth through to the hospital and outpatient sites through key relationships and development.
The Regional Manager is accountable for nurturing relationships with medical providers that guide oncology treatment decisions with patients. The Regional Manager will be responsible for appropriate messaging and positioning to each prospective referral group. The strategy requires the Regional Manager to partner with VP, Business Development, and hospital leadership to ensure the appropriate infrastructure is in place to support referral development directly and accurately, including referral intake processes, clinical offerings, and clinical communications with referring physicians.
This individual must be driven, and goal oriented with the ability to plan quotas/goals, coach, support and motivate field team to achieve results in a team environment. Additionally, this role requires excellent analytical, communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Must be able to multi-task and confidently manage multiple projects simultaneously in a very fast paced environment.
40%| Field Team Management, Coaching, Training and Development:
- Onboard, coach, motivate and physician liaisons
- Analyze data and results to evaluate the effectiveness of all activity
- Monitor and measure performance standards for liaisons.
- Review performance data daily, conduct ride-alongs weekly and work with team to enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Conduct quarterly team strategy and sales planning meetings
- Ensure field team is representing COH in a compliant manner
- Work with program leadership to ensure ongoing skill development to improve territory manager skills and clinical knowledge
- Actively participate in individual one-on-one training with liaisons
- Provide sales call/presentation observation coaching and improvement accountabilities including clinical and non-clinical communication and referral cycle management
- Work with service line/strategic leaders to stay aligned with hospital growth goals for outreach targeting
- Guide the preparation, delivery, and execution of territory sales plans with focus on:
- Service line and/or practice/physician growth
- Awareness of the referral funnel (e.g. top line, AM, AK, TX)
- Tactics to increase referral volume in key service lines
- Repeat referrals
- Internal physician engagement
- Set goals, monitor process and drive physician engagement with external physicians
50%| Territory Management and Physician Relationship Growth
- Develop and maintain relationships with physicians and medical office staff targets in assigned key markets to meet activity goals in each market. Requires travel.
- Owns strategic accounts and meets quarterly activity goals established for region to include office visits, physician visits, and physician-to-physician engagements.
- Identify and attend medical conferences that align with market strategy
- Grow and maintain relationships with leadership teams of local professional associations.
- Partner with Physician Relations leadership to leverage current physician experts and make them visible in the medical community by providing CME lectures and other speaking opportunities to medical groups and associations
- Identify opportunities in market for growth and access for referring providers
- Follow up on specific questions or areas of interest and/or concerns expressed by external physicians
- Prepare reports monthly and quarterly based on activity and results reports for review by leadership
- Monitor and report market and competitor information
- Understand Referral movement through the hospital funnel and identify and report conversion concerns
- Partner with site and enterprise leadership to evaluate and recommend operational efficiencies to meet referral demand and remove barriers
- Develop PRM team activity dashboards and track internal physician engagement
- Work closely with Physician Referral Specialist, a liaison between CTCA and referring physicians, to monitor intake, insurance approval and overall process flow
5%| General Responsibilities
- Track, complete and submit expenses.
- Attend regular Physician Relations leadership team meetings.
- Assist with community events (weekend work may be required).
Must have minimum of 5 years in outside sales, business development or related experience. Clinical sales and healthcare background required.
Minimum of a BS/BA in Marketing, Business, or a related field
Pay Range$113,272.22 - $198,569.28
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09925