Physician Relations Territory Manager
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Physician Relations Territory Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and tracking a strategy delivering patient referral business from the medical community. This position represents CTCA in the medical community, managing and nurturing relationships with targeted medical professionals in designated markets and with a goal of securing both episodic and comprehensive qualified patient referrals to CTCA. The position requires innovation to implement strategy and process flow, as well as implement relationship management and operational best practices. Excellent presentation, customer service and relational skills are required.
Relationships will be built by conducting effective office visits, presentations, attending conferences, and facilitating hospital tours to educate referring and new physician partners on services offered at CTCA. The Physician Relations Consultant will be responsible for the strategic messaging and positioning of CTCA to each prospective referral group and to identify and report unmet needs and operational enhancement opportunities from the marketplace. This role will require significant amount of time in the designated market area(s).
This role will require significant amount of time in the designated market area(s) and will also identify and report unmet needs and operational enhancement opportunities from the marketplace.
Excellent strategic planning, organization, presentation, customer service and relational skills are required. Medical or pharmaceutical sales experience and experiences with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software is preferred.
The fundamental measure of success for the Physician Relations Territory Manager is new patient acquisition growth.
1. Territory Management
- Develops and maintains relationships with physicians and medical office staff targets in assigned key markets to meet patient acquisition goals in each market. Requires travel.
- Meets monthly and quarterly activity goals established for assigned territory for office visits, physician visits, and physician to physician visits.
- Develop relationships and partners with physicians and clinicians to understand the motivations and unmet needs that currently create barriers to referrals and entry for prospective CTCA patients and identify opportunities to eliminate barriers.
- Execute referral strategy through the Physician Referral Specialist, a liaison between CTCA and referring physicians
- Maintain a portfolio of new patient referrals from targeted regions through building a network of referring physicians.
- Identify and attend medical conferences that align with market strategy
- Grow and maintain relationships with leadership teams of local professional associations.
- Partner with Regional Manager of Physician Relations to leverage current CTCA experts and make them visible in the medical community by providing CME lectures and other speaking opportunities to medical groups and associations
- Execute transparent and clear communications with external referral sources about specific patient clinical and insurance requirements as well as CTCA’s philosophy on patient care and empowerment to provide physicians the knowledge and understanding that all patients, once accepted, receive the highest level of care.
- Follows up on specific questions or areas of interest and/or concerns expressed by physicians. Maintains an effective recording system to document calls, responses, and activities.
- Aids in defining and identifying market area, participate in setting objectives, forecasts, and means of evaluation of market penetration; coordinate activities that will promote interest in the services offered by CTCA.
- Maintain daily activity updates in CRM system. Create reports as necessary and requested by leadership.
- Obtain interpret and analyze physician information, i.e. utilization by physicians of this hospital’s services and competing hospitals’ services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bring market intelligence / physician feedback to CTCA to drive program enhancements.
- Assist Regional Manager of Physician Relations with sales related projects.
3. General Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities in key markets to improve new patient acquisition.
- Partner with Business Development and Access teams to identify opportunities
- Partner with clinical and operational teams to identify best practices and opportunities for improved efficiency.
- Track, complete and submit expenses.
- Attend regular Physician Relations team meetings.
- Assist with community events (weekend work may be required).
- Minimum of a BS/BA in Marketing, Business, Public Relations or a related field
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years experience in health care, preferably in marketing or business development. Clinical and/or sales background desired.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working with medical professionals
- Experience with a high quality consumer brand
- Demonstrated computer skills are required, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of successful relationship building and nurturing
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry required; oncolology experience a plus
- Demonstrated sales success and other goal achievement
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and team building capability
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to extract pertinent information from data sources.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record of success and desire to grow and assume greater responsibility
- Actively demonstrates commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrates ability to reach decisions, takes appropriate action and follow through
- Extremely strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Results oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Ability to think creatively and perform quickly
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proactive and organized
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and possess ability to learn new computer applications
- Must assure discreet and confidential handling of all business / understand HIPAA guidelines
- Must be an exceptional listener, with the proven ability to problem-solve
- Creative ability and take-charge, problem solving attitude are important.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.