Principle, IS Engineer
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Principal Engineer works closely with the Manager of Cloud & Identity Services to help lead a team of engineers in strategic and day-to-day execution ensuring all service level agreements and customer satisfaction goals are achieved. She/he is primarily responsible for the design, administration, and maintenance of the enterprise messaging and identity services platforms including Office 365, Exchange (Online/Hybrid), Ping, Auth0, DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory. At a principal level, responsibilities include advanced configuration and troubleshooting of cloud and on-premises infrastructure supporting the portfolio. Given the complexity and range of the role, the Principal Engineer is expected to be knowledgeable across development life cycle methodologies, operations, security, infrastructure, and support, to bridge cross-functional areas.
The Principal Engineer is the subject matter expert across the complete lifecycle of messaging and identity operations to ensure maximum performance, reliability, and scalability of the enterprise infrastructure. This support includes ownership and configuration of operational monitoring tools and the methods of remediation (proactive and reactive support models). She/he is a functional leader of engineering activities such as: configuration patterns, practices, standards, and workflows, solution architecture, and automation. Daily activities also include the monitoring and management of the security posture of critical technical infrastructure across cloud and on-premises environments.
The Principal Engineer leads operational support, including escalations related to defined SLAs using standard processes and ensuring customer satisfaction. She/he motivates the team to ensure root cause analysis, escalation, reporting, tracking and resolution of all issues, with a continual focus on high availability, continuous improvement, and agility. She/he provides technical guidance and development to foster an environment of continuous improvement in the technical environment.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Four-year university degree or college diploma or equivalent experience in the field of computer science, information systems, business or related field is required.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in design, development, implementation, and support of enterprise messaging and identity services applications including Active Directory, Ping, Auth0, Exchange, Office 365, Exchange Online Protection, external DNS record configuration (SPF, DKIM, and DMARC), DHCP, and PowerShell for automation, maintenance, and reporting.
- Strong experience with distributed systems and architectures, including troubleshooting of integration, performance, and availability issues.
- Industry certifications for messaging and identity services (e.g., Microsoft 365) are preferred.
- Industry certifications for public cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) are preferred.
- Deep understanding of and experience with modern scripting languages, system monitoring/analysis tools, and data flows.
- Proven experience with e-mail security, archiving solutions, and electronic records management and policies.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical, workflow modeling, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across technical and business functions.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize multiple objectives under tight deadlines.
- IT experience within a multi-facility healthcare organization is preferred.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.