Rep, Patient Connection
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Under the supervision of the RN, the Connections Coordinator will provide support to patients, caregivers, physicians, and other clinical service departments. This position will assist the Clinic Team with the management of patient caseloads by providing prompt response to telephone inquiries, assisting with drop in patients to the department and other issues of a clinical nature as requested. This may include, but not limited to routine clerical and administrative tasks, such as: document coordination, ordering of supplies and charge capture. The Connections Coordinator promotes teamwork, and nurtures relationships with others. Communicates clearly, concisely, and courteously in a timely manner. Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance, respect for patient privacy and confidentiality in all contacts with patient, caregivers, vendors and stakeholders.
- Promptly answers phone calls and relays messages to appropriate personnel, units and departments in a timely manner; Responds promptly to requests for services from all customers (patients and stakeholders).
- Effectively communicates interventions and patient questions to physician and/or care manager as appropriate. Facilitates the flow of the outpatient clinic. Orders and maintains supplies and equipment as necessary. Prepares documents and forms as needed by unit team. Completes project based work as assigned by need.
- Displays excellent organization and planning skills.Follows department guidelines for utilization of time, productivity, and performance improvements.Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of key responsibilities. Accurately documents interventions in a timely manner in the electronic medical record.
- Provides excellent customer service by connecting with customers (patients, caregivers, members of the healthcare team) with a smile and/or pleasant demeanor.
- Seeks opportunities for organizational improvement, consistently applies lean thinking to departmental operations to enhance or improve services.
- Promotes intra departmental collaboration, seeks to promote understanding and mutual achievement of goals. Collaborates with providers, nursing, and hospital staff to ensure quality patient care.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred
- Patient care or physician office experience strongly preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.