Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Under the direction of the Manager of Risk Management & Patient Safety (Manager), accomplishes assigned tasks to support the department’s and organization’s goals related to risk management and patient safety. Collaborates as directed with leaders, medical staff and stakeholders on assigned risk management and patient safety initiatives.
- Responsible for the daily management of the event reporting system for CTCA Phoenix:
Review new event reports;
Assign to appropriate leader(s) for investigation and action;
Assign initial harm score.For harm score level D or above, notify Manager (or Director if Manager unavailable);
Monitor open events and follow up with leader(s) to ensure timely closure of events;
Assist leader(s) in investigation of events as needed;
Monitors system trends on a weekly basis and shares identified trends with Manager and others as directed;
As directed, work with leaders and PI teams to identify tactics to correct identified trends including creation of action plan with implementation dates;
- Assist Manager in investigations of Sentinel Events, events with Harm Score level E or higher, or other events as directed;
- Under the direction of the Manager, facilitates Root Cause Analysis teams.Collects information, completes required documents, and tracks action plans through to completion;
- Supports the Manager in leading the Enterprise-wide We Are Safe (WAS) program.Role models WAS behaviors and provides support to leaders and stakeholders in WAS activities;
- Creates reports from event reporting system and tracking/trending of RCA activities
- Serve as a subject matter expert for risk management and patient safety processes and topics such as service recovery, event reporting and root cause analysis;
- Support the Manager and Director in achievement of departmental and organizational risk management and patient safety goals;
- Support the Manager in the review and management of potential/actual litigation cases
- Collaborate with the Quality Specialists on shared/overlapping processes;
- Review records to assess for potential litigation risk.Provide reports on findings to Manager and other leaders, and medical staff as directed
- Under the direction of the Manager, responsible for the organization’s Complaint and Grievance process:
Receives concerns from patients, caregivers, patient representative, stakeholders, medical staff or others;
Functions as the organization’s liaison with patients and caregivers through the investigation and resolution of the complaint/grievance;
Identifies which concerns meet the definition of a grievance and implements the timeline for grievance resolution as outlined in the Complaint and Grievance policy;
Reports all concerns to the appropriate department or medical staff leader for investigation.Communicates if the concern meets the definition of a grievance and communicates timeline for response;
Notifies the Manger of all concerns which meet the grievance definition;
Assists in the investigation of complaints and grievances.Collects all relevant information from leaders, medical staff and stakeholders.
Shares results of grievance investigations with the Manger.Collaborates with Manager and leaders to draft a response to the patient.If directed, submits response to CEO or Legal for review prior to sending to patient or representative.
Records all information in the appropriate organization software or database.
Monitors database for complaint or grievance trends;
Creates trending and analysis reports and shares with Manager;
As assigned, assists leaders with development and implementation of action plans in response to identified trends.
- Participates in the Grievance Committee:
Report grievance investigation findings;
Report any complaints/grievances which the patient or representative were unhappy with the response and are requesting Committee review/response;
Share tracking/trending reports and follow up actions.
Participates in organization-wide patient satisfaction committees or initiatives with a focus on service recovery processes and education
Minimum of three (3) years of current experience in an acute care setting is required.
Current Arizona Registered Nurse is required. Must be able to obtain licensure before hire.
Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management is preferred.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.