Full Time- ICU RN- Day Shift
Apply before August 18th for a $5K Sign On Bonus!!!
ICU Registered Nurse- Full Time: Day Shift, 3-12 hour shifts, 6:00am- 6:30pm - Goodyear, AZ
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
Collaborates with Physicians to evaluate patient readiness for change in level of care. Responsible for the assessment, treatment care and education of patients. Cares for ICU, Medical Surgical, and telemetry patients as necessary.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of medical/surgical, ambulatory care and same-day surgery patients. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by Patient Care Technicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to interpret and operate cardiac and other invasive and noninvasive monitors, recognize normal/abnormal rhythms/trends, and institute appropriate interventions.
- Attend in-house codes and rapid response calls as required
- Care for patients with complex needs including hemodynamically compromised and mechanically ventilated patients.
- Initiate and maintain complex IV therapy, including thrombolytic administration, vasoactive medications, central IV catheters, dialysis catheters & arterial lines.
- Safe use of less invasive, life supporting modalities i.e. BiPAP, ETCO2, arterial pressure- based CO/CI & SVO2 monitor, core temperature monitors.
- Ability to care for patients who are aggressive, agitated, in seclusion or restrained.
- Ability to care for patients with IV lines, arterial lines, central lines, ports, chest tubes, pleural catheters, tracheostomy tubes and endotracheal tubes.
- Maintenance and care of patients with an ostomy/ileostomy and urostomy.
- Administer medications via all routes, using the 6 rights, medication bar scanner and monitoring patient for side effects.
- Ability to collect blood specimens and blood cultures.
- Care for, assess and monitor patients with Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) and epidural catheters.
- Administer and monitor blood products safely.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of chemotherapeutic agents and medications.
- Demonstrates competence in chemotherapy administration through ONS.
- Ability to conduct risk assessment, prevention and treatment of pressure injury
- Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation practice, and employee health practice.
- Effectively communicates with peers to resolve conflict.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders.
- Protects the patient’s dignity, rights and privacy.
- Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
- Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care, implants and specimens accurately, completely and legibly.
- Minimum of Two (2) years of ICU experience is required
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) is required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred
- Current Arizona Registered Nursing License is required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification is required upon hire or before completion of nursing orientation.
- Oncology experience is preferred
- CCRN preferred
- ONS Chemotherapy Provider Certification within 6 months of hire, reimbursement awarded for completion.
- Critical Care experience or completes Critical Care Course with 6 months of hire, provided from CTCA
- Completion of Basic Electrocardiogram (ECG) course in online learning management system provided from CTCA
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.