We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources
- Demonstrates effective communication skills to manage complex patient and family needs.
- Conducts and reinforces patient education, including: treatment plan/regimen, financial implications of care, symptom management, side effects, patient family responsibilities related to self-care, available resources at home or at facility.
- Assesses needs and coordinates services, inside and outside to meet needs including, but not limited to medications, equipment and home care services.
- Responds in a timely manner to patient and family needs at home through effective symptom management, coordination of home care services and crisis management.
- Administer medications via all routes, using the 6 rights, medication bar scanner and monitoring patient for side effects.
- Ability to collect blood specimens and blood cultures.
- Ability to care for patients with IV lines, central lines and ports.
- Maintenance and care of patients with ostomy/ileostomy and urostomy.
- Care and assess wounds utilizing wet to dry dressing, staple and suture removal, surgical tape and wound drain removal.
- Utilizes the Electronic Health Record (HER) appropriately ensuring all documentation is entered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Utilizes JourneyBook® tasks to effectively manage patient follow-up and current patient status.
- Ensures timely response to Secure Health Messages (SHM) from patients or caregivers.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (AND) is required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred
- Minimum of One year of experience in nursing is required
- Current Arizona Registered Nursing License (RN) is required
- Oncology experience is preferred
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), National Certification in specialty is preferred
- American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire or before completion of nursing orientation.
- Completion of Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) - Chemotherapy Fundamentals Course before completion of nursing orientation.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.