We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
A registered professional Speech and Language Pathologist who delivers individualized comprehensive care to patients through the rehabilitation department utilizing therapeutic use of self, innovative technology and collaboration among patients. Is responsible for providing Dysphagia rehabilitation and speech therapy in the hospital and clinical setting to facilitate the development and rehabilitation of patients based on total assessment and written evaluation which is appropriate to the patient’s medical condition to achieve an optimum level of function for each patient.
- Evaluates patients for treatment and designs and documents an age appropriate treatment plan including time frame, goals and assessment of patient’s rehabilitation potential following a referral from a qualified practitioner
- Performs and provides therapeutic rehabilitation services, tests, education and treatment coordination, documents treatment and outcomes and inputs appropriate charges in compliance with the state practice act
- Consults physician when necessary about clarification or orders, treatment plan, patient outcomes, and recommendations for durable medical equipment
- Collaborates as a member of the multidisciplinary team to provide safe and efficient delivery of patient care, patient education, and continuity of care
- Participates in department, hospital, and corporate Key Performance Improvement projects, including smart goal sheet, development and performance of smart plan, and tracking progress toward goals
- Communicates with staff, family and caregivers regarding safety strategies, modifications and options for implementation of goals toward care plan goals
- M.S. in Speech/Language Pathology or related field is required
- Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech and Hearing Association is required
- State Board of Speech Pathologist and Audiologist of the State of Arizona licensure is required
- Proficient in fluoroscopy examinations for swallowing deficits, neuromuscular re-education for swallowing rehabilitation, Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation; assessment and implementation of tools for oral motor strengthening and mobility and proficiency in tracheotomy/vent patients include assessment of and placement of speaking valve. Prefer quality of life-based outcomes
- Must possess skills in utilizing a team-oriented approach to treatment, specific skills in evaluation techniques, neurological techniques, dysphagia and modification of diet textures, communication disorders and oncology rehabilitation
- Current competencies in FEES/Videostroboscopy preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.