Sr. Financial Analyst
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm, CST
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial support to regional finance, operations and physicians. The Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
Responsibilities include collaborating with finance, physicians and operations to drive results. This includes improving financial performance, service line growth, utilization trends, reimbursement, capital planning, financial reporting and cost management. The role requires strong analytical and organizational skills. Additionally, the Senior Financial Analyst must possess the ability to influence without authority in a matrixed organization and independently complete deliverables in a timely and accurate manner. The Senior Financial Analyst’s ability to make analytic sense of data and inputs and develop recommendations for improvement will define the role’s success.
- 25% Provide analytical support for the financial oversight of monthly reimbursement trends; contract negotiation, activation, and operationalizing new and existing contracts; agings management; denials mitigation and coordinating with revenue cycle in conjunction with centralized coding/billing and the patient accounts function.
- 50% 1. Support improving financial performance of the business through the development of short- and long-term planning strategies; analyzing revenues, volumes, utilization trends, patient conversion, patient retention, costs, pricing, profitability; monitoring reimbursement with payers; reporting and developing net revenue targets; managing financial reporting in conjunction with enterprise accounting.
- 25% Execute financial planning process improvement initiatives, providing insight and analysis of both process and data. Leverage the forecasting and budget development processes to develop new metrics for decision points, while standardizing others for comparison across the organization.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- BS/BA in accounting or finance
- CPA or MBA with HFMA certification desired
- Three years or more of physician practice, hospital accounting, finance, and/or operational experience
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-07876