Sr Mechanic/ Plant Operations
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Position will be responsible for all aspects of the Facility Maintenance at Western Regional Medical Center. Responsible for maintaining the extensive heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilation systems in hospitals. The equipment they operate includes boilers (Water Heaters), air-conditioning equipment, diesel engines/generators, pumps, condensers, and compressors. They start up, regulate, shut down, or repair this equipment. They manually operate equipment, make adjustments, and regularly check safety devices. Ensure that all these systems are operating not just correctly, but also efficiently and safely. Routine maintenance is part of the job, such as replacing filters, lubricating moving parts, and checking air quality of the ventilation systems. Some other duties could include minor welding, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, and minor carpentry repairs to walls, roofs, windows, or ceilings and other assigned duties with a strong attention to detail. Can perform assigned duties assisted and unassisted.
Schedule - This position requires the capability to work off hours or on shifts that can include holidays, nights, or weekends and to include rotational on-call schedule. Certain projects may require shift changes, such as after hours or weekend shifts.
Performs all work in accordance with City, State and National Electrical Codes.
- Perform inspections and taking necessary correction actions on HVAC equipment.
- Maintain and document preventative maintenance work orders in accordance with Life Safety standards, City, State, and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintain all aspects of building maintenance when scheduled for on-call.Repair plumbing and mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Able to trouble shoot HVAC electrical, low voltage, fire alarm systems, nurse call systems, med-gas, in accordance with local codes, specifications and production requirements.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance engineers with tasks as needed, such as meeting room set ups, filter changes, motor replacements, light and ballast replacements, painting projects and other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in a maintenance/ plant operations role is required, 3-5 years of experience in maintenance within a health care facility is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Valid Arizona State Drivers License is required
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond the Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.