Sr Specialist, Account Management
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
This position is responsible for the ongoing management of patient accounts related to orders, diagnostics, and therapies between levels of care and care settings. The Clinical Account Management Nurse functions as the contact person for healthcare providers, registration, coding and other departments to assure the appropriate charts are available. The Clinical Account Management Nurse reviews accounts for discharge in a timely manner to assist with facilitation of the coding and billing process and submits the Core Measures on a quarterly basis for JC, CMS, IHA, and IDPH.
- Assure patient orders, tests, and therapies are in the appropriate account and available to providers for patient care as patients transition through levels of care and care settings.
- Serves as point of contact for care providers, registration personnel, and others for issues related to account management.
- Facilitates timely discharge for accounts in order to allow for billing activity related to accounts.
- Develops collaborative relationships with registration, scheduling, nursing, finance, care management, compliance, and other departments to facilitate and support the account management process and coding. Reports on chart management efficiency as requested. Abstract and submit data quarterly from the EHR for Core Measures to meet the requirements of JC, CMS, and GA public assistance
- Identifies trends in chart management; suggest alternative workflows and communicate these findings to the appropriate departments. Provides teaching to various internal customers on correct chart utilization. Monitors changes to the chart management workflow.
- Knows individual and departmental role during any emergency situation (disaster, fire, bomb threat, etc).Knows location of nearest fire extinguisher and pull.Knows routes for evacuation if necessary.Knows how to obtain MSDS information if needed.Utilizes appropriate PPE if warranted.Knows who to contact to report any unsafe condition.Knows who to contact to report any faulty equipment.Knows who to contact to report any injury to self or others.
- Associate Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
- Registered Nurse in the state of Arizona is required.
- One (1) year of experience in area is required, two (2) years are preferred.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required.
- Oncology experience is preferred.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) or National Certification in Specialty is preferred.
- Prior EHR/EMR experience is preferred.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.