Sr Specialist, Quality Review
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Sr. Specialist, Quality Review is responsible for contributing to the quality, risk management, and patient safety activities and initiatives. Works with management and stakeholders to develop and implement processes focused on the improvement of patient outcomes and healthcare delivery.
- Performs analysis and trending of quality and risk management data as well as identify opportunities for improvement.
- Investigate event reports to determine if additional analysis is required.
- Recognizes and escalate serious safety events to Quality/Risk Director and departmental leaders.
- Participates and contributes to serious safety event intense analysis.
- Participates and contributes in the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement meetings and maintains schedule of reports and slate of Performance Improvement. Participates and contributes in other facility committees, including, but not limited to Commission on Cancer Committee, Infection Control Committee, Credentialing Committee, Utilization Review Committee, Peer Review Committee and risk management/patient safety meetings.
- Abstracts and audits EMR when applicable to meet schedule timeframes for the Western Quality Dashboards data submission. Analyzes data, develop and implement action plans to improve metric results.
- Provides data and support for Medical Staff processes of FFPE, OPPE, and peer review.
- In depth review of EMR and other applications to gather data for event investigation and medical staff performance data.
- Assures accuracy and appropriate interpretation of publicly reported quality and risk management metrics.
- Prepares analytical charts and reports for presentation to the organization’s senior leaders, Quality Assessment Performance Improvement Committee, Medical Executive Committee, and Board of Trustees.
- Presents quality and risk management information to stakeholder, leaders, and executive team.
- Facilitates work groups to accomplish quality and patient safety goals.
- Interfaces with leaders to develop strategies for quality improvement.
- Assist in coordinating regulatory agency surveys.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies to ensure compliance with the Joint Commission (TJC), CMS and other regulatory agencies.Assists in monitoring TJC and CMS compliance on an ongoing basis, maintaining a constant state of readiness for surveys.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a quality and/or risk management position in a healthcare setting is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management or related field is required, master’s Degree in healthcare administration or related field is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with healthcare/ clinical processes and standards of care is required
- CPHQ or CPPS certifications are preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.