Surgical Technologist - Per Diem
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Certified Surgical Technologist/Technician - Per Diem
The Surgical Tech performs scrubbing and assisting duties within and support of the sterile field during operative procedures and assures proper care and maintenance of all surgical instrumentation and equipment. Demonstrates good knowledge of principles and practices of aseptic technique. Demonstrates knowledge of equipment, instruments, armamentarium, procedures and supplies used I the operating room. Able to work under pressure and in situations that demand patience, tact, stamina, and endurance. Physical requirements: may be expected to lift up to 50 pounds or up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- High school diploma
- Current BLS certification required
- Surgical Technologist Certification required
- Experience in surgery and Sterile processing
- Maintains competencies and certifications
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care.
- Acts as a consultant to the healthcare profession, patient or caregiver regarding patient advocacy and delivery of safe, competent, and quality peri-operative care.
- Follows hospital based policy regarding equipment maintenance and infection control measures. Identifies emergency situations and independently initiates appropriate actions.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.