Urgent Care-RN FT
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 0900-1730
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
Involved in the assessment, triaging, and care of oncology patients who require prompt medical attention. Provides assistance with the coordination of patient care during patient treatment and/or during transfer to appropriate level of care. Responsible for the assessment, treatment care and education of patients.
- Completion of chemotherapy HealthStream bundle; Demonstrates knowledge of chemotherapeutic agents and medications.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) and American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) upon hire or before completion of nursing orientation.
- Ability to assess and recognize normal/abnormal responses to treatments and institute appropriate interventions.
- Demonstrates skills to assess and intervene in life-threatening situations.
- Administer medications via all routes, using the 6 rights, medication bar scanner and monitoring patient for side effects.
- Ability to collect blood specimens and blood cultures.
- Administer and monitor blood products safely.
- Ability to care for patients with a variety of line, including but not limited to: IV lines, central lines, ports and pleural catheters.
- Maintenance and care of patients with ostomy/ileostomy and urostomy.
- Care and assess wounds utilizing wet to dry dressing, staple and suture removal, surgical tape and wound drain removal.
- Implement and provide care of the patient receiving Therapeutic phlebotomy.
- Ability to conduct risk assessment, prevention and treatment of pressure injury.
- Attend in house codes and rapid response calls as required.
- Able to manage the Inpatient admission process including completion of the KBC, medication reconciliation, and assessment/documentation flowsheets.
- Coordinate and documents appropriate discharge planning and referrals and/or transfer to alternate levels of care.
- Performs and documents ongoing assessments including observation, physical examination, laboratory/test results, and patient response to interventions.
1 year experience in area
Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
Registered Nurse, Arizona
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS)
American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.